Exaware is looking for an experienced, knowledgeable System/Software Architect who will lead system and software architecture specifications for a network operating system of a hyperscale router and will be part of the architecture group.
The System/Software Architect will have a major influence on the product definition and design; The System/Software Architect will have the opportunity to be involved in the design of a large distributed routing system, based on applications that require large scale and distribution over multiple processes and processors.
The System/Software Architect will be responsible for:
• Defining System and SW architecture of new products.
• Working as part of highly skilled and technical team in charge of all system, software, algorithms and protocols design as well as management and telemetry protocols.
• Continues and constant customer-oriented activities of requirements and design level.
• Performing feasibility studies of new technologies and software packages; including developing prototype code for proof-of-concept when needed.
• Defining guidelines for design, programming and unit-testing in C/C++.
• Accompanying the SW development process and providing technical leadership.
• Education: BSc in Computer Science, SW Engineering or equivalent
• Orientation: Process-oriented team player with experience building and supporting solutions.
• Personal characteristics: team player, highly motivated, fast learner and willing to work in dynamic and demanding environment
At least 5 years of experience in the industry of IP/MPLS networks.
• 4 years of experience in software development.
• 3 years of experience in Systems Engineering.
• Knowledge in integration/deployment of network and system orchestration by management/monitoring systems.
• Deep knowledge and experience with router features such as: BGP ; IS-IS ; OSPF ; OSPF-TE ; RSVP ; LDP ; L2/3 VPNs ; MVPN ; QOS
• Hands-on experience in C for Linux.
• Experience in designing and defining architecture for large-scale systems.
• Practical knowledge in multi-processor environments. Extensive knowledge of operating systems, multi-threading, inter-process communication, virtualization, transactions, and shared memory.
We consider the following an advantage:
Traffic Generator usage.
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Fluent English (both written and verbal)
• Excellent writing and presentation skills
• Ability to translate theories into practical solutions
Reporting to: Development Manager
Start date: Immediate
Location: Poleg, Netanya, Israel
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org