With the shift to 5G, service providers face both an opportunity and a challenge.
CSPs can now stand out from the competition by offering high performance wireless connectivity services as well as a new era of applications and services:
- Enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB)
Gigabytes in a second, cloud-based gaming,3D video, UHD screen and AR/VR
- Ultra-Reliable and Low Latency Communications (URLLC)
Autonomous vehicles, industry automation
- Massive Machine Type Communications (mMTC)
Smart Cities, IoT
However, deploying such services at scale while maintaining high performance and profitability is challenging.
5G requires a different network topology and drives many changes which service providers have to support.
But ExaNOS can get you there.
ExaNOS was built from the beginning with scale and resilience in mind. It is field-proven and runs on small-form factor white boxes with built-in redundancy and an unbeatable price per Giga ratio. It also supports layer 2 VPN (L2VPN) and layer 3 VPN (L3VPN) as well as end-to-end network slicing.
In shifting to 5G, mobile backhaul requires stable, feature-rich IP/MPLS solutions, together with advanced IEEE1588 and SyncE timing.
Exaware is active in the TIP consortium, DCSG group. Our solution is aligned with all the group technical specifications that define software, hardware and API requirements.
Exaware’s DCSG solution is a top-of-the-line carrier-grade device with 300 Gbps throughput and includes advanced timing solutions. It combines synchronous ethernet (SyncE) with IEEE 1588v2 precision time (1588/SyncE) and supports 1588v2 ordinary clock (OC), boundary clock (BC) and transparent clock (TC) with full redundancy.
Mobile Backhaul evolution
As service providers migrate from 4G to 5G, networks are dramatically changing. 5G’s RAN architecture mandates new backhaul topology that also supports market demands for:
- Macro-cell sites (4G and 5G NR)
- Virtualized infrastructure of the RAN hub locations (vRAN/cRAN)
- Mobile users as well as IoT devices
- Higher data rates support enhanced mobile broadband applications such as 3D video, ultra-HD streaming, cloud gaming and AR/VR
- 5G network slicing – Physical network infrastructure must be partitioned into slices/services (logical networks) in the RAN and 5G core. Network slicing provides additional capabilities and characteristics to meet the needs of specific applications or use case.
- Stringent latency requirements – 5G mission-critical applications and video streaming require lower latency and packet loss. This impacts the backhaul latency budget.
- Coexisting 4G/3G backhaul
ExaNOS modern routing software enables mobile operators to deploy flexible, hyperscale network services so they can support different applications cost effectively at the core and edge networks and provide:
- Lower latency
- Jitter and delay
- High bandwidth
- Security and agility
Exaware’s routing solutions come in different form factors and throughputs to match the exact needs of your network. Their ability to work in stackable and cluster topologies allows you to easily accommodate network growth.
Exaware works with global hardware manufacturers, whose products have been largely deployed in Datacenters and Telecom networks. We provide our customers with a fully integrated solution, including ExaNOS and the equipment. Our Maintenance & Support Partners cover all aspects of the router, both Hardware and Software, for a complete peace of mind.